Subject: [Leica] The slippery slope - "digital"?
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Dec 21 18:02:37 2006

On 22/12/2006, at 11:17, Adam Bridge wrote:

> While I was in hawaii I looked at what the zillions of Japanese
> tourists were shooting. Setting aside the point and shoot cameras I
> saw virtually all Nikon cameras carried by the Japanese, most of those
> being D200's. I have to say I was amazed by this. I honestly can say
> that I don't recall seeing a Canon carried by anyone from Japan save a
> couple of Canon HD video cameras.

Does any one rate the Sony (Minolta/Konica) with its IS built into
the body and good glass, it is backed now by Sony who in my opinion
may be the only company big enough to challenge Canon.

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] The slippery slope - "digital"?)
Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] The slippery slope - "digital"?)