Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Comparison
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Dec 20 09:41:42 2006

Tina.. it seems to me from your emails that you are trying to get the best
from your camera.  You are taking shots in real world
conditions, then evaluating those images for issues with a clinical eye.
Fine, but trying to critically diagnose issues you see (
no matter how you take them)  is not easy to do unless you apply some degree
of methodology.

I could care less if you use a tripod or not, but taking a picture of a
flame, hand holding your camera, using the widest aperture
with no significant DOF, with long exposures, in dim light, and then trying
to diagnose why the flame has a round rather than an
oval flame, is basically wasting your time.  Do it right, once, and it is
done.,  Do it wrong, you get to do it  many times, you get
to take a few more high blood pressure pills, and you waste your time.

I am trained as a scientist, and worked solving other people's technical
problems.  Without a degree of scientific methodology, you
just get more questions than you answer.

Good answers on the lens.  At least that is not the source of the issues we
see.    You still must figure out the focus issue.  Is
it the camera or user error?

My $.02.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net