Subject: [Leica] Portraits that I'm proud of
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Dec 18 23:38:38 2006

On 12/19/06 2:06 AM, "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> typed:

> In recent years I've done almost exclusively studio portrait work. Not very
> Leica-like, I suppose, but I love it. I've recently been convinced by one
> of
> the LUG experts that I am not exposing myself to liability if I show them
> you. I've picked a dozen of my favorites here. The boy in the third picture
> was very intimidated by my camera. The hairlight was set all wrong on the
> fourth picture, but I like like it enough to show you anyhow.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bkreid/ptipo/
>
> I think this is almost the first time I've ever posted real pictures (i.e.
> pictures that matter to me) to the LUG.
>
> Brian Reid

To me the shot of the lady in the lavender jacket kind of stands out as
being really very good.
ZJ7X1970
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bkreid/ptipo/ZJ7X1970.jpg.html

And the couple with the lady with the red hair really works very smoothly to
me. bet they thought that was the best picture ever taken of THEM! Ever or
in the past decades.
ZJ7X1866
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bkreid/ptipo/ZJ7X1866.jpg.html

But the lavender lady to me gets into a real "art" realm.
Its better than what a portrait studio would do.
Or they would do it and not even look twice at at.
Perhaps a tad light at least on my screen and an inch too much space above
her head in my opinion. But that's a real grabber!

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W