Subject: [Leica] Re: Is the M8 the Edsel of cameras?
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Dec 18 21:07:02 2006

At 11:59 PM 12/18/2006, Jim Shulman wrote:
 >Marc,
 >
 >Appreciate your wife and keep depreciating the car.  Remind her that the
 >money you don't spend on a new vehicle can be invested in her culinary and
 >lapidary delight.
 >
 >The VW Van prices have jumped considerably these days, so much so that you
 >may be better off finding something else that's vintage, capacious and fun.
 >Try $30K or more for a 17 window van in decent restored shape!

You are speaking of restored vehicles, I
suspect.  I just passed up a decent and running
'59 van for $500 -- it later sold for $325.  They
are cheap in these hustings, unrestored.  But,
then, I carry a 36mm wrench in my car, just in case ...

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Re: Is the M8 the Edsel of cameras?)