Subject: [Leica] 2006 LUG Yearbook Thus Far
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sun Dec 17 18:08:19 2006

We are now at 26 actual contributors.  Not just "yeah, count me in" or "I'm
so there!" but folks who have actually sent me one meg jpgs.

These contributors include:
1. Ernie Nitka
2. Bob Shaw
3. Ted Grant
4. Bill Nelsch
5. Geoff Hopkinson
6. Eric Merrill
7. Sonny Carter
8. George Lottermoser
9. Ric Carter
10. Chris Williams
11. Mervin S. Stewart
12. Nick Roberts
13. Leonard Taupier
14. Hank Kellner
15. Neal Friedenthal
16. Steve Barbour
17. H. Ball Arche
18. Jim Bielecki
19 and 20. Carl and Christoph Hammann
21. Bob Shaw
22. Nathan Wasjman
23 and 24. Helen Myall and Alastair Firkin
25. Tarek Charara
26. Jim Shulman

If just four of us more pony up images, we're officially in business.  This
book can be as big as you'd like, so the more contributions, the merrier.

And here are some of the FAQs:

Does it have to be made with a Leica?  No.  Turns out that relatively few of
the images use Wetzler/Solms equipment.

Does it have to be shot this year?  That's up to you.  One submitted image
captured an exuberant moment of a famous individual who, as of 2006, cannot
fog a mirror.

Does it have to be color, or b/w?  Either is fine.

What format?  Send me (jshul@comcast.net ONLY) a .jpg of at least one meg.
What are the print dimensions? A full page is 8.5 inches vertical by
10inches horizontal.  If you use that ratio, your image will fill the page.
If not, there will be some white space.

Do I need to submit my mug shot?  If you do, I'll be happy to include that.

Do you need any text?  A description of the picture, plus any technical
information would be fine.

Who owns the copyright?  The individual photographers retain all rights to
their individual images.  So, consider the use of images a loan for this one
project, with all rights retained by the original creators. An attorney
advised me on disclaimer copy for the copyright page.

Is there a deadline?  Yes-December 31, 2006.

How will this be printed?  Take a look at www.blurb.com or www.lulu.com
Remember, this is a YEARBOOK.  Consider the other yearbooks you've seen over
time.  Have any of them been something from the Taschen catalog?  Not
really--but the pictures will be in color and printed individually.

Do we have to buy a book to submit?  NO!  The choice is yours.

How many will you print?  Zero.  The printing is entirely up to you; when
the book is finished I'll announce the link on the LUG.  You can go to the
print website and order as many (or few) as you'd like.

Can I see the book before I buy it?  If the software allows that, sure. I'll
have to check. However, if look at the list of contributors, I'm sure you'll
be pleased with the images.

Is this a thankless job?  You bet it is! (sounds like I'm having a Rumsfeld
moment....)

Best,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA