Subject: [Leica] Equipment Stolen
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 17 14:08:22 2006

Richard, many years ago, when a Leica IIIF was stolen off my table at  a
camera show in Wayne, N.J., I reported it to Leica and to the University of
Texas, both of which accepted stolen Leica reports at that time...Today,
according
to others, Leica no longer has a place to send reports and I can't  find the
University of Texas site, although it may still accept them... The
University
has David Douglas Duncan's Leicas and other camera stuff...

However, and much more important, I have never received any sign that
anyone
ever found my Leica or even asked about it...Moreover, when my 18K Rolex
was
stolen at gunpoint years ago in Times Square, New York,  Rolex said  they
had
far too much work to do to look at stolen watch reports...In other  words--
and solely in my opinion-- your camera is gone; ...end of story...All  the
stolen Leica reports already on file are gathering dust, wherever they  may
be...

regards, bob cole

In a message dated 12/17/2006 7:07:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,