Subject: [Leica] Flowers in Ultra-Violet
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Dec 16 07:14:12 2006

Well Hoppy - you'll have to get yourself the best coffee from freshly
roasted beans. My local roaster uses punch cards. After you've bought
10lbs at $10/lb you get a free pound - that's when I get the $16/lb
"special reserve."

It's more than just saturation and sharpness. Sonny and others have
shown us plenty of sharp, saturated flowers. I do believe that
someone else nailed it (Henning I think). The UV is showing us
information that our eyes don't normally associate with "flowers."
And that additional visual data is adding a sense of greater mass.
The soft, delicate often weightless petals have become visually dense
and heavy. Makes sense to me.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com