Subject: [Leica] IR Filters
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Dec 14 14:48:46 2006

Yes, so?   So have others.  It is a combination of issues... IR content in
the source, reflectivity of the cloth, the sensor.  If
the issues do not align right ( or is that.. if the issues do not align
wrong....????)  that it becomes obvious and/or  also
unacceptable.

You will go ahead and be happy,, then your (Gran-) Daughter, Ms. Peggy Sue,
will show up and you will take a picture of her in her
brand new ( 1st grade or HS) prom dress and the dress will have a magenta
cast...... Will you be happy then?  You will say... but it
never happened before...... Not really true, but it ALWAYS happens.  It is
the degree to which the issues line up ( no, not solar
flaring) that makes the result unacceptable.

See Henning's response to this issue to get more or less the same response,
but he is a bit less conservative than I .... suggesting
the most likely place for a problem.... rather than my response which leaves
no chance for taking your camera out to Aunt Louise's
house and finding she wants pictures of her kids on a bright sunny day,
outdoors, in their Black Wool, and White Cotton shirts, and
you left your filter at home.......

Get the dam$%^ filters for all your lenses and / or pressure Leica to put
the filter coating on the sensor glass plate.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Frank, I shot a couple of pics with an M8 and 50/1.4 asph at a Leica days
event recently, not an upgraded camera, shot picture of my
wife 4 feet away wearing a solid black cloth coat, no evidence of any
magenta cast at all and no filter at all on the lens???

Scott

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] IR Filters)