Subject: [Leica] Pros over here still shooting Leica as their primary tool ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Dec 13 20:29:24 2006

On 12/13/06 4:06 PM, "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net> typed:

> Well, just the other day I had a chance to use my IIIa as a
> rangefinder. I needed to measure a number of set distances for a
> shoot. My laser rangefinder and my metal tape measure broke within 10
> minutes of one another. Since I carry my IIIa for my personal BW
> shooting, it became my measuring instrument for that day. I didn't
> take any shots with it that time. Does that count?
>
> Slobodan Dimitrov
> http://www.sdimitrovphoto.com/

I've been shooting little digital and mainly with my IIIf for 3 weeks now.
I brought 11 rolls into Modernage today to try them out.
Due for another brick of Xp2.
Been shooting with mainly a collapsible Elmar but am amazed at the results I
get with my 25mm VC Color Scopar snapshot lens more and more. Every day in
every way.
Probably will be landing a 35mm Summaron soon and be doing most of my
shooting with that.
But at this point LOVE my finder for shooting with the 50 Elmar. I got a VC
50 small little silver finder from Rich Pinto last week. Boy can I see with
that thing. With my glasses. Both eyes open. It opens stuff up for me.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W