Subject: [Leica] PAW 49 dlridings
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Dec 10 20:05:30 2006

Philippe Orlent wrote:
> If doing a PAW makes you sigh, just don't do it any more. I'm pretty
> sure you don't need it to keep shooting anyway.

It was a bitter/sweet sigh, not one of discontent.

The PAW for me has become something other than what it started out to
be. It has become something of a diary. It is invaluable when I try and
think back and put events into context with each other. I remember
things in relation to pictures I've taken, even if the situation I am
trying to recall has nothing to do with the particular picture.

I sigh because I have never really accepted the fact that I can do this.
The first year I thought: that's too much, I'll never be able to do it.

I should sit back and reflect back on each year as Kyle has done. The
lessons I've learned would have been valuable to note.

Thanks Ric, Philippe, Steve, Hoppy and Alastair ... and anyone else who
might have looked and just didn't drop a line. Happens all the time, I know.

Bitter/sweet sigh because taking pictures is something I really don't
have a choice about. I'll probably do a PAW. If I really have the energy
I'll go over to a more stringent blog with texts and photographs.

Thanks again, sincerely,

Daniel

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] PAW 49 dlridings)
Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] PAW 49 dlridings)