Subject: [Leica] High ISOs Comparison
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sat Dec 9 01:47:15 2006

My vague recollection of the thread in question on the LUF is that the RAW
files contain the square root of the original value of the original value
together with a distribution algorithm that weights the stored values
towards either the shadows or the highlights - can't remember which :-). I
got lost in the thread, but there were some people participating who
obviously knew what they were talking about. The consensus was that it's
nothing to worry about.

Steve

Replies: Reply from m4y at mac.com (m4y@mac.com) ([Leica] High ISOs Comparison)