Subject: [Leica] R1800 or R2400 for B/W printing
From: wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell)
Date: Thu Dec 7 14:25:07 2006

On 12/7/06, Wade Heninger <heninger@adobe.com> wrote:
> I need to decide on which Epson printer to buy for output.
>
> I do mostly B/W and mostly its going to be on Epson Glossy Pro or the
> Museo Silver Rag paper.

Lately I've been printing on Costco house glossy (it's either Ilford
or Epson-sourced - I just use the standard Epson Glossy drivers)
lately and the prints look as good as an RC darkroom print to my eye.
Probably better, without the dust spots and fixer stains from where
some other darkroom user didn't bother to wash.

Haven't been able to afford Museo Rag yet, but I'm going to order some soon.

The only downside is that it does clog up easily - make sure you print
at least a 4x6 or two every couple of days if you go for a week or two
in between printing sessions. And ink gets expensive if you have to do
nozzle checks too often.

--
MP
wooderson@gmail.com