Subject: [Leica] Re: R1800 or R2400 for B/W printing
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Thu Dec 7 13:00:11 2006

R2400.

The 1800 does not have the K3 ink system which allows for improved BW
printing without metamerism.

I've been using Museo Silver Rag with excellent results, reminds me of Agfa
FB paper. I swear there's even a "darkroom" smell when
you open the Silver Rag box. And no need to switch to Matte Black since the
paper's surface is semi-glossy.I use the custom profiles
provided by Crane, but I have used the 2400 built in warmtone profile with
Ilford Smooth Pearl which looks great.

I've now printed 2 wedding albums with Silver Rag and I'm very pleased. One
bride, an amateur photographer mentioned that must have
taken a long time in the darkroom with the black and whites.

There's the new 3800 to consider,16x20's, no switching back and forth with
Matte and Photo inks, but then it's $700 more.

Chris