Subject: [Leica] home depot strip lighting technique?
From: faneuil at (Eric Korenman)
Date: Wed Dec 6 20:15:23 2006

I heard about a pro who uses Home Depot florescent lighting for strip
The light are ridiculously cheap (well.. compared to to almost anything in

I'd like to try this. Has anyone tried this? Any tips?
Goal: Two banks of light on either side of the subject for that 'makeup
mirror lighting' look.

I know that the flicker of florescents has to be accounted for.
Also - what would be the best way to attach them to light stands?

I love the idea of cheap effective homebrew lighting.

PS. The site I heard it on is
Fun to listen to two geeky photo guys get excited about lighting techniques.
Makes you feel - well - geeky too.