Subject: [Leica] try to do this with modern film/digital
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Dec 5 14:02:49 2006

At 04:42 PM 12/5/2006, you wrote:
>Philippe, the sad thing is that a lot has not changed in the Delta.  Nobody
>chops cotton anymore, but the poverty is still rampant.  Well, the shotgun
>shacks are mostly ruins now so I guess some progress.
>
>Don

Don - Our newspaper had a lead article today about Mississippi's
newest campaign to use all of the denigrating remarks that everybody
makes about Mississippi and turn them around to advertise
Mississippi.  For example:  "Most people in Mississippi can read and
some can even write."  with photos of Faulkner, Eudora Welty, John
Grisham.  "Most people in Mississippi wear shoes and some even wear
cleats" with photos of professional athletes from Mississippi.  I
think it's a brilliant idea.  Growing up in Alabama, we always heard
"Thank goodness for Mississippi"  Otherwise, Alabama would have been
50th in all surveys!  All of this was started because some
congressman said, "Why would anybody ever want to live in
Mississippi!"  I think we should keep the secrets of the joys of
living in the South to ourselves.  It's already crowded enough with
refugees from the North.  Sonny is doing a terrible disservice
showing everybody how wonderful life is in Louisiana!  :-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell) ([Leica] try to do this with modern film/digital)