Subject: [Leica] re: problem shooting tethered dmr
From: lenniefalcon at cclmgmt.com (lennie falcon)
Date: Sun Dec 3 10:23:22 2006

it's the firewire connection on the dmr.  not stable after many uses.  it
neeeded to have a built up housing around the connector, but leica never
corrected this, which could have been a 2 euro fix.  you may have to replace
the dmr firewire connector, which is not inexpensive and may not be covered
under the warranty.

did you ever wonder why the m8 does not have a passport warranty?

lennie falcon

I am using my DMR and I tried going tethered to my computer with Flexcolor
software.
I am using a 14' firewire cable.

It works but just for 20 pictures or so.
Then the computer 'drop a frame'
IE, After exposure, the computer shows me the PREVIOUS picture taken, not
the current. And so on.
Then after awhile the DMR freezes.
Anyone had this prob before? I think it might be the 14' long firewire
cable.

Eric

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] re: problem shooting tethered dmr)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] re: problem shooting tethered dmr)