Subject: [Leica] Re: IMG: My bride on peppermint
From: kleinp at BATTELLE.ORG (Klein, Peter A)
Date: Fri Dec 1 13:08:19 2006

Sent this with the wrong subject, so here goes again:
----
Mark, Hoppy, and Phillipe, thanks for the comments.

Daniel: I was lucky.  Katya likes the picture.  This is an exception to
the First Law of Nature you cite, that women never like their pictures.
I hope this does not cause a crack in the space-time continuum or negate
Relativity or the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

Seriously, Katya often likes pictures I take of her. But posting her in
profile or with hair beyond a minimal level of disorder are often
strictly prohibited.

Anyway, she couldn't decide which crop she liked either.  The original
frame is wider, and shows some surroundings.  She likes that, too.  She
often prefers more context to "When in doubt, crop it out."

I really like the way the rock looks on the far right, which is why I
made that version with her off to the left.  But I can't decide between
the more traditional centered composition and the leftward placement.

--Peter

> Peter, I like the rock you get by putting her on the left. She might
be a bit too far left though.

> You could ask her, but she'd probably tell you it is a lousy picture
(women NEVER like their pictures) so don't do that.

Daniel

Peter Klein wrote:
> Can't decide which crop I like better:
>
> One: