Subject: [Leica] M8 Coded lenses
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Nov 30 10:00:36 2006

Mehrdad.... working is a matter of functionally reading the coding and
faking the camera.  That is the easy part.  They have not
done anything with the images yet to see if some form of image modification
is possible.....whether it is vignetting or something
else/

The interesting report I want to read is on the coding and in-camera
modification of the image dependent on lens.  To date, I have
not seen a report that states, with proof and independent repeated testing,
that the body does anything image wise with the coding.

It should be easy to test, but no one here seems motivated to do it.  Maybe
on the LUG, the owners are not hackers as much as on the
Forum.

The long range implication of hacker coding, if it does indeed modify the
pixel content, is independent users' image
modifications.... think vignetting, think Bokeh, etc.... sort of a image
"look" tool.

Sure, maybe it could be done in PS,  but maybe not .....

It is an opening for independents to make their $2800 50/1.4 ASPH  look like
a Summarit, Hektor, Elmar, Anastigmat, or whatever.....

It is good for Leica....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] M8 Coded lenses)