Subject: [Leica] Even further off topic from the off topics...
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 06:12:46 2006

In a message dated 11/29/2006 11:28:54 P.M.  Central Standard Time,
rpalmier@depaul.edu writes:
My father-in-law sez that  this is because
everyone he knew who had a pocketknife back in the day  used to break
off part of one of the blades and grind the stump into  a
screwdriver.  Anyone know if this was indeed a common practice  in the
early-middle parts of the 20th century??
I'm not too sure of  that, maybe some people did that after they broke the
blade, but I don't think  it would make a good screwdriver.   There were
lots of
knives made  with a screw-driver blade.  Case even made one with a fork!

For all  you care to know about them take a look  here:

http://www.wrcase.com/case_college/blades_&_steel/

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com