Subject: [Leica] Even further off topic from the off topics...
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Wed Nov 29 21:28:28 2006

Y'all -

So it seems I had a birthday this weekend and decided to get myself a
frivolous yet practical & affordable present; to this end I'm having
Don Goldberg send me a rebuilt Minox IIIs.  (This simultaneously tags
me as a sucker for cool machines and also as an unreconstructed film
addict.)

Elsewhere in the news someone in the family gave me a really nice
Case pocketknife which she sez was her grandfather's (she's my age so
this is a somewhat vintage piece.)  It has three blades, two of which
are almost identical.  My father-in-law sez that this is because
everyone he knew who had a pocketknife back in the day used to break
off part of one of the blades and grind the stump into a
screwdriver.  Anyone know if this was indeed a common practice in the
early-middle parts of the 20th century??

Also, if we keep talkin' about the creativity and craft of certain
late 60's-early seventies rock bands I just may hafta bring up Mott
the Hoople...

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Even further off topic from the off topics...)