Subject: [Leica] RE: OT: How many here are retired? How many are happier now (etc)?
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Tue Nov 28 09:25:35 2006

Since I do not receive a pension from any previous employment I do not
consider myself "retired"; I am just not being paid anymore. I was
self-employed for many years; now I am self-unemployed.
Because of the then prevailing rules regarding Social Security I did not
give up working for pay until I reached age 70. About a week later I said to
my wife, "I wish I could have quit ten years ago." She agreed. Almost all of
the wives among our friends have said that their husbands became human
beings only after they quit working.
I am most certainly happier now.
Oliver (78)

Replies: Reply from hankpix at yahoo.com (Hank Kellner) ([Leica] RE: OT: How many here are retired? How many are happier now (etc)?)