Subject: [Leica] Going to Hawaii with my M's
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Nov 26 19:14:52 2006

You can shoot Velvia in the real early morning or late afternoon/evening.
Otherwise the basic contrast is too high... Provia would
be a better choice....

I suggest C41 film in low contrast ... Fuji NPS.....( which I shoot in 4x5
and 120...)

Forget the ASA3200 film... bring something that is not so fast....it is a
bright location.  Even if you do plan on shooting the fire
twirlers or buxom lasses with coconuts for basic clothing at night, it will
be pretty bright with the lighting.

You might need a wider lens if you plan on scenics......   it is pretty big
out there.

Which Island(s)?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

> I'm the tag-along spouse on a trip to Hawaii early next month. I know,
> I know, it's a tough job but SOMEONE has to do it, might as well be
> me.

> I have your basic lens assortment: 35-50-90 the 50 includes which goes
> with me of course. Filter suggestions? Thoughts?

Colour, colour and more colour film. Agfa Ultra, Fuji Velvia, Fuji Provia!

Greg J. Lorenzo