Subject: [Leica] Tree hunting
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat Nov 25 15:44:41 2006

It is quite a bit early for us to do this, but on Thanksgiving day we went
up to the mountains (a 40 mile trip) to cut down our Christmas tree.  The
weather was fine when we left Yakima, but it was showing pretty good and had
to put chains on the truck to get up the forest service road to find a tree.
I forgot my jacket (well, I thought my wife had packed it) but even though
it was snowing, there was no wind and trapsing around through knee deep snow
up and down a hillside kept me plenty warm.  Here are a few shots of the
excursion.  Sorry, they are digital.  Slide film goes in Monday fromt he R8.
The only reason we are doing this so early this year is that our cat of the
last 12 years, who really enjoys the lighted tree, is dying of Feline Aids
and probably will not make it much longer.  Right he has moved out of the
room he has spend the last two weeks in and is sitting under the tree gazing
at the lights.  It is heart warming to see this, yet heart breaking at the
same time.  I know, he is only a cat, but we have no kids and he has been
our family for the last 12 years.

So, view and enjoy the photos.  Comments welcome.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/Tree+Hunting+2006/

Aram

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Children's portraits - again..)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Tree hunting)