Subject: [Leica] M8, a tale of woe.
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Sat Nov 25 08:59:09 2006

Steve --

Hi to you as well. My reply below.

>hi David, some superb photographers (their work is very well known
>here and long time M shooters they are)...have been more than
>favorable about the M8. More, they have been explicit and detailed
>about their M8 experience...

May I ask for some names? And not some of the familiar reviewers whom
we have all been depending on for info. I would like to see what kind of
photography
they do.

>You, and your work, were not so well known here...  that is until you
>surfaced to tell us your tale of woe. Your M8 experience was not what
>you expected...

I am, it is completely true, a nobody in the world of photography. I
honestly expect that
to change but only time will tell. Still, my opinion as a photographer, I
believe, is
just as valuable as someone whose name you might recognize.

>You have been compelled to advise and influence us...to warn us that
>this is not the camera it should have been.

I do have a contrary point-of-view that won't win me any popularity
contests.

>Is that about it?

I'm not sure that I understand the question.

Dave.

--
My Photography: http://www.david-keenan.com
My Blog: http://www.david-keenan.com/euroblog