Subject: [Leica] OT - Best PC Setup for Photoshop Question
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Fri Nov 24 20:32:28 2006

G Hopkinson writes:

> Greg that is a significant sum for a PC without even including the
> monitor.My suggestions assumed something more modest.
> I don't know what your monitor budget is on top of that. In the
> price area you are talking for your system, you will get a ninja
> machine. Let me suggest that there are diminishing returns past a
> certain level for most users. Unless you already have an
> outstanding monitor, with that sort of money to spend for a
> Photoshop machine, I would invest in an Eizo coloredge monitor.
> And look at the Matrox video cards, They are even Canadian!

I'm okay for a monitor as I just had to replace my now departed 24" Sony
Trinitron 10 months or so back with a larger flat panel display. I much more
preferred the CRT but they are no longer being made. I routinely upgrade
both my desktop and notebook PC every two years or less. The desktops are a
bargain compared to what I've had to pay for cutting edge notebooks. At
least they are tax deductible over a three year UL.

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] OT - Best PC Setup for Photoshop Question)