Subject: [Leica] Kvetchmongering?
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Fri Nov 24 14:05:13 2006

Dante,

I think you have the right answer: the ability to stop a small problem from
becoming a major product impediment rests with the manufacturer's
responsiveness.  The best way to fight web gossip is to prove that the
problem has been fixed, and that flawed examples will be retrofitted free of
charge.

That said, I agree with others that IR filters are a sleazy solution to an
engineering flaw.  After all, supposedly our Leica lenses give optimal
results sans filters--or at least that's what I heard during the film era.

Poor planning and execution isn't just limited to Solms.  The other day (at
the Leica Day) most folks who came to the store before 2PM had a chance to
see and hold the M8, but not shoot with it.  The reason?  They forgot to
charge the batteries for the demonstrations!

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA