Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tundra Swan
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Wed Nov 22 22:13:34 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 7:57 PM, G Hopkinson wrote:

> I like it a lot Doug. The up-curled flight feathers give a great sense
> of the flight dynamics there. I think that you nailed the
> timing, too.
> Cheers
> Hoppy
>

> <http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/anatidae/tusw00.jpg>

Thanks Hoppy and Greg.  As I initially wrote, it's heavily cropped;
there wasn't much downsizing nessesary for this .jpg

I was fascinated by the swans' use of their flight controls and how
they used the aerodynamic forces - I think the wingtips express this
well.  Also notice those big black speed brakes near the tail, which
double as water-landing skids.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com