Subject: [Leica] How to fix this image
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat Nov 18 17:12:46 2006

Almost all these tips will help me to start becoming a bit better
with the areas of PS that I have neglected. Now that I have digital
cameras, I need more than the level of skill I acquired for PS 2.5
though that level has been good while film was king ;-)

thanks

On 19/11/2006, at 11:40, Tina Manley wrote:

> At 06:56 PM 11/18/2006, you wrote:
>> I know where I'd start in the darkroom: I'd play with burning and a
>> higher contrast filter pack, but how would you approach this image in
>> Photoshop? How do I clean up the distant mountains without affecting
>> the foreground?
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alastair/album184/
>> album119/2004NepalLge9.jpg.html
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Alastair
>

> Alastair - Use a Layers adjustment curve.  Go to Layers on the
> palette menus.  Choose the third icon on the bottom which will give
> you Adustment Curves.  Fix the curve for the lightest values you
> want.  Don't worry about burning out the rest.  Then set your Brush
> tool with the foreground color of black.  Paint back in everything
> that you wanted to be the previous values - fixing the burned out
> highlights.  Flatten the layers and evaluate your photo.  You can
> do this as many times as you want, using the Black to paint back
> the former values and the White to restore your new values.  It's
> much, much better than using Shadow/Highlight.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Tina

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] How to fix this image)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] How to fix this image)