Subject: Was RE: [Leica] M8 Impressions now Eye stuff
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Fri Nov 17 17:06:09 2006

Hoppy, most uncorrected camera viewfinders require your eyes to focus
a small amount to see the images clearly.  Being 51, you also need
help with closer vision - like reading the numbers on a lens barrel.
The best solution would be to try the viewfinder without a corrective
lens and then compare your view with a -0.50 lens.  Which ever view
is clearer is the best choice.  Then carry a pair of reading glasses
with you to see items held closer than 18 inches.  Your vision can
also vary up close depending upon how tired you are.  Your near
vision may be better in the morning and definitely better in brighter
light.  Its amazing how many restaurant servers carry small penlights
for patrons trying to read the wine list in a dimly lit restaurant.
Perhaps Leica will come out with an LED penlight with a red dot to
help those of us who need a little help at near.

I'm in the same boat.  Life is short, enjoy Leicas, collect as many
lenses as you can and then give them all to your kids - who will
probably sell them for a Canon or Nikon.

All the best...Richard