Subject: [Leica] M8: "I think it's gonna be all right"
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Fri Nov 17 12:57:15 2006

David Keenan writes in part:

> As a former owner of an M8, I maintain that the M8 is already a failure.
>
> All the claptrap that I read about the M8 being "a real M camera" is just
> that, claptrap. It may walk like a duck but it doesn't quack like one.
>
> Shades of the M5...
>
> This not from some old fart, film traditionalist either. I longed for a
> digital M but it's back to film and, when appropriate, my now much
> morehighly appreciated R-D1.
>
> This will be expounded apon in my upcoming "M8 Manifesto".

Well at least you used yours for a few days (I presume).

What did you sell it for?

Post you're "M8 Manifesto" here as I for one would be interested in reading
it. Some images would also be nice.

BTW, anyone who dislikes the M5 probably never used one.

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] M8: "I think it's gonna be all right")