Subject: [Leica] Cameras I miss but don't miss...most
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Nov 16 22:04:50 2006

In the late 60's and 70's my SLR's of choice were Konica
Autoreflesxes. Part of the reason was that Nikon PC lenses worked
better on Konicas than on Nikons, as you could meter with the lens
shifted. I had various Konicas; they clunked and ratcheted, sounding
worse than most others but kept on working. In 15 years of use I
never had to send any in for repair, and they worked in temperatures
down to -40 degrees (F or C, take your pick). My Leicas had slowing
shutters, but the Konicas stayed accurate. Of my 4x5 lenses, only
newer Copal kept working in the cold.

I have a couple of Konicas left; a T4 and an original Autoreflex.
With the latter you could drive a photofinisher crazy. Just keep on
switching between full frame and half frame as often as you fell like
in shooting a roll of film.

'Here is my film. 54 exposures, 4x6 prints please. Please cut the
film into strips of 9 frames.'

I also liked the PenF series, with the tiny lenses. Lovely little
cameras, with a very dim finder and generally poor lenses, but the
38/2.8 was still a delight.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design