Subject: [Leica] I spent my whole life searching for prowess
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed Nov 15 20:11:49 2006

I have an M8. It is one of the first in Australia. Amusingly, I already
have a gripe. It isn't even charged yet.

I'm irritated because it won't be charged until I get it home - because
the slip-on adaptor to make the battery charger fit an Australian
plug/socket is missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  All the others are there, but
the relevant one is absent.

At home I have an adaptor so I can use one of the other sockets so I'll
charge it tonight.

I'm admittedly a detail-oriented person, but it's just this kind of thing
that really infuriates me. I've had a lot of problems with my M7
(electronics, frame counter, seizing wind-on, several other things) and
I'm starting to think Leica and me just have some weird
can't-live-with-you, can't-live-without-you relationship. All I can
imagine is that someone at the distributor looked at the camera when it
arrived and left the Australian adaptor for the charger out when they put
everything back in.  It seems too coincidental that the missing adaptor
is the one that I need to be anything else.

I hope the camera is worth it.

Marty

--

Search for products and services at: