Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 Impressions, Pro and Con
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Mon Nov 13 16:16:58 2006

Tina:

>The 5D is almost as good as the 1DMII.  That huge battery lasts
>almost two weeks of constant shooting.  I get at least 4 or 5 2GB
>cards full with each 5D battery.  It's much, much better than the 10D or
>20D.

That's my experience, as well, with the 5D.

I can shoot 20 gig, and still not have to change a battery.  That's roughly
1500 pics.  I use the grip that takes 2 batteries at a time.  I run out of
card space before I run out of batteries.  Just in case, I carry a fully
charged 3rd battery with me, too.

I use Impact batteries, which are rated at 1500 mAh, as compared to the
Canon ones that are 1390 mAh.  The Impact brand is 60% the cost of the
Canon, and I've never had a problem with them so far.

I am averaging 2800 pics a month on the 5D.  And I'm charging my batteries
about once a month, even though I don't need to do it that often.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Message from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:M8 Impressions, Pro and Con)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re:M8 Impressions, Pro and Con)