Subject: [Leica] Supermarket Tango
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 12 18:44:15 2006

Victor Rubin showed & said:
> I went to a large mall-like supermarket in Lower West Manhattan (Chelsea
> area). They were giving Tango Lessons. Some people were there who knew the
> dance very well indeed. I was struck by this woman. Her eyes were
> hypnotic.
> vroger
> http://vroger.smugmug.com/gallery/1837739/11/109889009<<<

Hi Victor,
Gee I hate to be the sour grape here considering all the rest of the guys
gave praise for the hypnotic eyes. Yes they are. But the most eye catching
element as soon as the image opened on screen?

Not the woman at all................... But the wall behind her taking up
almost the right half of the frame! This area with the writing is far more
eye grabbing than the woman's eyes. Then I looked at her eyes.

My bet is you were seeing her in real life and taken with her eye
expressions, also the sound of the music that her eye effect in your mind
was far stronger than the over all visual aspect. It happens easily under
these kinds of conditions. We all do it, so please take no offence by my
comment as it's all part of human nature sensory feelings.

If you crop this right down at the edge of her shoulder and drop the right
half off the frame as I did you'll see these powerful piercing eyes as you
describe. It creates a much stronger photograph of her and she really looks
like she's putting a hex on you for taking her picture! ;-)

ted