Subject: [Leica] Sigh......
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Nov 11 18:47:54 2006

Jeffery Smith writes:

> The rangefinder rage over the past 6 years has been fun and exciting. When
> first got back into film photography in about 2000, the renewed interest in
> rangefinder cameras came at just the time I had a renewed interest in B&W
> photography. There were many, many posts on the LUG, LEG, Rflist, and CVUG
> lists. But now that digital has caught on and is here to stay, I have more
> and more trouble finding film-related threads on the lists.
> Indeed, the posts on the CVUG and Rflist are few and far between these
> days. I'm
> wondering if the LUG should bifurcate into a LUG and a dLUG. I
> guess not.

Seems like its a great time right now for rangefinder camera and lens
selection. Zeiss is back making excellent RF lenses, Cosina continues to
make great lenses. I've even picked up some Pentax and Rollei modern LTM
glass in the last year or so.

I'm well stocked with film and plan to continue shooting it as long as I can
with the added ability to scan the images to my PC.

Being a gearhead and film user, I like to read and participate in these
posts. The new M8 seems to have brought a fair number of former Leica RF
photog's back to the List. I don't always participate in the digital stuff
but at least they are about Leica digital cameras which I always enjoy
reading about.

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta

Replies: Reply from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Sigh......)