Subject: [Leica] Leica to Olympus 4/3 adapter ring
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat Nov 11 15:15:01 2006

Hello Frank,
Please check out:
http://www.northcoastphotos.com/Lympa.htm
for a lot of info from Gary Todoroff on his use of Leica R lenses on
the Olympus 330E.
I use Leica R lenses on my Oly330E with a local adapter that looks
just like the one that Gary uses, and with live view and 10X
magnification, I can consistently accurately focus my R Lenses -
better than the results I got with my Canon 5D and a special
Brightscreen. Of course it is fiddling and not great for catching the
decisive moment but it works.  A Oly 330E with kit lens should be
about US$950. The adapter is about $75 - 100. I get good pictures
using my 180 APO on the OLy where the lens becomes a 360mm.
Cheers,
Howard (in HK)