Subject: [Leica] M8 magenta problems - Leica offer a solution
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Nov 8 20:59:27 2006

>> Why is a coded lens required to get any effect at all?
>
> My guess is that every lens absorbs some amount of IR, and that the lens
> coding will tell the firmware how much IR made it through the lens.

These lens codings are more important than a mere mortal can understand.
The elvish nature of the code transmits all sorts of secret lens business.
Sort of like my dog picking up her peeMail. I can't read it, but it sends
her into fits of pleasure.

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] M8 magenta problems - Leica offer a solution)