Subject: [Leica] D Lux 3
From: jackmclain at hughes.net (Jack McLain)
Date: Wed Nov 8 05:57:17 2006

Will:

Thanks greatly; this information is most helpful, not only for it's content
but for it's supportive tone!

As of today, at this moment, my tendency is to just do it and buy a D-Lux 3
in black (in preference to the Panasonic equivalent) and be done with it! I
probably am a victim of marketing and brand loyalty, but the Leica badge
will at some level give me comfort over the Panasonic badge (which I still
associate with Televisions and cheap audio equipment).

I have considered the various digital SLRs that have been suggested and....
I don't know, I just don't want to carry around a SLR. I am liking the idea
of habitually carrying a "pocketable" camera for those images that just
happen about once a day. I used to go out with the primary intention to
photograph stuff and carrying a back pack containing a couple bodies,
lenses, tripod, filters, etc, etc, was just part of the deal. More recently
I don't have that urge, but still "see" images while going about my life
that I'd like to play with if only I had a camera with me.

I can certainly afford the D-Lux 3 it since I am very likely going to sell
my black paint MP and a handful of Summicrons once I figure out how to do
that without getting too badly screwed. (I am soliciting and accepting
suggestions regarding this dilemma also!!??)

Then there is the Nikon film scanner sitting unused..... And film developing
gear...... Letting go of my accumulated film-based stuff will not be easy
but it will be rational, if not necessary.

I just sold my Photoshop 7.0 for PC on eBay, and need to replace it - in
anticipation of acquiring a digital camera - with software for my new
Macintosh. Maybe I'll hold off on that purchase until I get a look at the
software that is packaged with the D-Lux 3.

Ahhhh... So many toys, and so little time.

My best regards
Jack

http://jackmclain-photography.siteframe.org/

Jack McLain