Subject: [Leica] Future of Leica Film Camera Prices
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Tue Nov 7 16:29:21 2006

hello Luggers,
I have been following and participating in the I Gavel auction.
Please see:

http://auction.igavel.com/ClientInfo.taf?_function=info&id=1642&skip=1

to check out the items for sale.

I am noting with interest that the exotic lenses are receiving bids
but the exotic cameras are not. For example a Stemar 3.5cm stereo
lens is bid up to $7,750, a "Snapshot" Elmar is at $6,250, a Noctilux
1.2 Prototype is at $11,500. The story is quite different for exotic
camera bodies. The following are on offer and no bids have been received
Leica 250GG Aeronautica (asking $10,000) Leica MP #227 (asking
$20,000) M6J Set (asking $5,000) Model 1A (asking 5,000) 111G Swedish
Crown (asking $3,500)
Leica M6 0.85 (asking $2,200 - reduced to $1,800) and the auction has
about another 14 hours to run. Could it be that the collectors are
saving their money to buy M8's? Or perhaps they are just holding back
until the final moments of the auction - but I don't think so. I
think the collectible market is going soft - based on the evidence
above.
Cheers
Howard (in Hong Kong - waiting for the M8 shipment to arrive in
December)

Replies: Reply from gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO) ([Leica] Future of Leica Film Camera Prices)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Future of Leica Film Camera Prices)