Subject: [Leica] Capture One with M8
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Nov 7 14:33:33 2006

Tina

Hmm, I wouldn't blame the one or the other tool - they just work in
different ways and need different handling to get similar results. With
fiddling around you could probably get switched results in both apps. Looks
like on the first picture (Lightroom) there was the wrong white
balance/color temperature applied, together with some kind of
oversaturation, which lead to that significant noise in the water below the
boat's body. The second looks better, especially in terms of noise, but has
a magenta look.

Not owning a M8, I would nevertheless recommend CaptureOne, as I imagine
they and Leica strongly cooperated on that project and that converter gets
the most out of those raws.

Didier