Subject: [Leica] M8, Adobe RGB vs sRGB
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Tue Nov 7 04:13:30 2006

Tina:

>Sorry, guys!  I'm trying to work too fast.  I forgot the last step
>before posting the web photos - to convert from Adobe RGB to sRGB for
>the web.

I use 16-bit images for my primary workflow.  I don't know if it makes any
difference at the end whether I convert to sRGB and then to 8-bit or to
8-bit and then to sRGB.

I've been using the former process.  Makes more sense to me to toss away the
extra bits as the last step.  And the main benefit?  By doing it this way,
if I haven't converted the image, I can't save as a jpeg since the image is
still 16-bit.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8, Adobe RGB vs sRGB)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] ISO 160, Nature shots)