Subject: [Leica] SF 20 and M7 problem
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Nov 3 14:49:30 2006

Something's amiss. Mine fits and removes without problem and of course the
shoe dimensions are not camera specific. Perhaps a burr
on the plastic foot material, since you say it happens on two M7's. Must be
very annoying. Perhaps worth trying just attaching any
other hot shoe flash gun, even if electrically incompatible, just to confirm
that there has been no dimensional change between
models, (tighter tolerance?). Incidentally, if you get it sorted out, you
can use both a Nikon and a Contax TTL flash lead to move
the flash off the shoe to a bracket. You will still retain all of the TTL
functionality.
Cheers
Hoppy