Subject: [Leica] Re: Lug Contest Themes...
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Thu Nov 2 09:04:45 2006

Most contests I've seen have either have a theme or
categories (people, landscapes, nature, phojo, fine art,
etc). with an overall best photo as winner.

Given the small size (so far) of the LUG competition, we
should probably opt for the monthly theme style for simplicity.
I feel some thought should go into theme selection,  however,
instead of just the usual "kids, "pets" etc.  I'm not sure what
Brian meant by being too "restrictive".  As Tina said, it gives
us a focus.  Also, it might increase participation if a theme
list was published in advance for the year...just thoughts!

Montie

>Me, too.  I haven't had time to enter anything yet, but I'd like to
have a focus when I do.

Tina

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Re: Lug Contest Themes...)