Subject: [Leica] FOR THE AMERICAN COUSINS. :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Nov 1 19:03:03 2006

Philippe Orlent offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] FOR THE AMERICAN COUSINS. :-)

> OK Ted,
> Thanks for that. Really. I didn't expect your reply since I was a bit
> afraid you'd take it badly, and you would be right in a way: who am I  to
> suggest something on the work of one of the true masters on this
> list?<<<<

Bon jour Philippe, :-)
First let me say, " merci beaucoup for your "true masters on the list"
comment! Merci! Merci! But  I'm just another photographer who's life was
given many different opportunities to photograph subjects that many others
didn't have. It was my good luck, as simple as that.
Quite frankly we have many "Masters" on the list far more than many realize.

Besides Philippe I'm too old to take comments about my pictures badly. And
by now I've had all the comments good, bad and ugly that could be said about
my photographs. :-) So never fear to comment because that's how we all learn
or have our memories jogged to do better.

As soon as you get into saving my images in Adobe RGB I'm at your mercy!
Because I recognize RGB as letters and something to do with shooting colour.
But the minute you bring it up as to what I've done or should do with it,
the best thing is, save your breath simply because I don't have a clue. I
realize I should, but I've shot and printed some nice photographs without
knowing what RGB means. So I figure I'm doing something right even if I
don't know what I'm doing. :-)

However the bottom line on this is, do not ever be afraid to point out
something that will or should improve my photographs! I'm still learning as
we all are and will never stop learning.
Thank you.

ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] FOR THE AMERICAN COUSINS. :-))
Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] FOR THE AMERICAN COUSINS. :-))