Subject: [Leica] Printing on Glossy Paper
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Nov 1 08:07:58 2006

Daniel,

I understand Epson Enhanced Matte is also a good proof paper for Premier
Art Hot Press Fine Art.

Like you, I like Epson Papers. I've also decided, after using HP and
Cannon printers, that Epson printers are the way to go. Don't get me
wrong. I think Canon and HP printers are super. But they seem to be more
proprietary. By that I mean there aren't as many third party options --
inks, profiles, etc. -- out there. They're good if you want results out
of the box. But Epson seems to have a more eclectic following.

I'm in a rural area now, whereas before I lived in a city. I don't have
a lot of other photographers around me whose work I can see. So for me
it's  trial and error. My current paper order stands at over $500. I'm
trying to pare it down by a process of elimination. Enhanced Matte is
definitely one I'll keep. It's the expensive papers I'm trying to decide
on. I like things on the slightly warm side. But not too warm. Rich
blacks or DMAX is really important to me. I'm looking for an Ilford
Gallerie in a Selectol/Dektol mix with slight Selenium toning look. Hard
to describe but I'll know it when I see it. :-)

The color prints I'm getting on Epson Pro Glossy in the R800 look every
bit as good as prints on Endura.

Yahoo groups have been very informative, as has the LUG.

daveR