Subject: [Leica] Tomb Sweet Tomb
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Tue Oct 31 19:09:28 2006

The day after Halloween is All Saints Day, which in New Orleans is a big
event as family members clean and paint their relatives graves. I'll miss
this one, but I'll be there for next year. From my understanding, All Saints
Day was created to supercede the Pagan holiday Halloween, and since it did
not stop the Pagan sinners from celebrating, another day - All Souls Day was
also created. Guess 2 holy days beats out 1 sinner day. If it was not for
some sinning Catholic Virginians and the immigrating Irish, Halloween in
America might not have lasted.

All 4 images are from St. Louis #1 Cemetery, located just outside the French
Quarter and across form the Iberville projects. In other words, travel with
some company or a firearm as there is only one way in and one way out.This
cemetery used to take up 4 blocks and now is contained in 1 block. No, of
course we did not remove the tombs, we just build stuff over them. There are
some Civil War generals here, a Voodoo Queen, Revolutionary soldiers, and
one rich but died penniless creator of the game "craps".

All images w/M6 TTL .58, 50/f2 Summicron, Kodak BW400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/zoeica/Travels/Cemeteries/

Chris Williams

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Tomb Sweet Tomb)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Tomb Sweet Tomb)