Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 disappointment
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun Oct 29 17:16:52 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 5:38 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> David Keenan writes in part:
>

>> Ultimately the M8 is a disappointment for me. While the picture
>> quality is
>> likely to be first rate, the handling of the M8 despite what
>> others say
>> about its "M like" look and feel leaves me wanting.
>
> First negative report on-List at least by my count.

If you are disappointed with the M8, fear not. Leica considers all
the little details. Leica has an environmentally sound procedure for
the disposal of unwanted M8 cameras. According to the instruction
manual:

"This device contains electrical and electronic components and should
therefore not be disposed of in general household waste! Instead it
should be disposed of at a recycling collection point provided by the
local authorities. This costs you nothing."

But no need to take the camera to an official recycling station. I
volunteer to take care of any unwanted Leica M8s from LUG members.
I'll even pay the postage.

Larry Z