Subject: [Leica] 6-bit code as installed by Leica
From: leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason)
Date: Sun Oct 29 08:20:18 2006

I am certainly not claiming that they are deceitful - or that the
person who posted info earlier is - I just don't understand it. I
would take the 6 bit/64 lenses idea if one of the lenses that they
won't put the coding on wasn't an earlier (e.g., mid-1980s) Summicron
50. In terms of Exif data a "Summicron 50mm f/2.0" is a "Summicron
50mm f/2.0" is a "Summicron 50mm f/2.0".... isn't it?

Dave