Subject: [Leica] TB drives and digital realities
From: harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Thu Oct 26 14:57:19 2006

B. D. Colen wrote:
> Terabyte, petabyte, or mosquito byte, I'd still advise converting those RAW
> files to Adobe DNGs and tossing the RAWs.
BD,

That sounds good and I did it for a while, then I realized other programs do
not read the DNG where they did read the CRW NEF and other properity camera
formats.  Bibble DNG, no.  Aperature-DNG, npe, pretty much leaves you with
ACR and I do not use that as my converter of chioce anymore.

In 10 years I have a bad feeling that we are going to be looking for old
computers with old software just to convert files from today's cameras.

At least with film the differences between fuji/kodak/agfa were pretty
irrelavant to actually looking at the images after processing was done, all
you need is a pair of eyes. LOL

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography