Subject: [Leica] Re: Hand built?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Oct 25 17:06:06 2006

Larry, perhaps it might be more relevant to compare the elegantly designed,
individually ground, hand assembled and collimated Leica
lenses to mass produced Japanese lenses. Entirely different design and
production philosophies (also reflected in pricing, of
course). Not to denigrate at all the Japanese lenses, but I think that many
of us would agree that the best of the Leica lenses are
incomparable. Hand assembly within this perspective is certainly superior to
production line assembly from designs compromised for
mass production.
Cheers
Hoppy